Saturn and the Core Region Nebula
Decided that while the telescope was running taking shots of Andromeda I'd quickly setup my Star Adventurer and D800E with the Samyang 135mm. I wanted to figure out what was going on with those concentric ring artifacts from the previous time I shot the lens. This time I did not use the didymium filter and I stopped the lens down to f2.8 while shooting at ISO 800. I shot from the same exact location as the previous time, I only did 2 panels though, it was later in the night and Rho Ophiuchi was down in the muck along the horizon so I didn't even bother. Just framed the Lagoon Nebula with Saturn and then did one panel higher with the Omega and Eagle Nebula. No ring issues this time so it seems like I've got the settings down for my humongous mosaic of the core region at this focal length. Given the results of this 2 panel mosaic I'm super excited to complete the project, I'm going to try and shoot from much darker skies as well so I don't have to do so much background extraction. It's going to be a beast to complete, but I think it's going to be fantastic when done.
Each panel for this is a stack of 13 exposures, each 2.5 minutes at ISO 800 and f2.8.